Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Anyone not able to attend the auction and wishing to make a bid for any property, do so on the following terms and conditions:
- The bidder must complete a separate authority form for each Lot involved, and provide a bankers draft, solicitor’s client’s account cheque or personal cheque for 10% of the maximum amount of the bid for each Lot. Please note the minimum deposit for any bid is £5,000 PER LOT plus the administration charge of 0.9% inc VAT/£900 inc VAT minimum and any additional buyers premium payable as per any description in the catalogue or legal pack. We will require proof of identity in the form of a driving licence or passport and a utility bill.
- The bidder must upload Proof of Identity in the form of a scan of a driving licence or passport, and a scan of a utility bill to the Auctions Passport Service that accesses the property’s Legal Pack. Also you authorise Auction House to undertake a search with Experian for the purpose of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
- In the case of a telephone bid the prospective purchaser should provide a blank cheque which the Auctioneer will complete on behalf of the prospective purchaser if the prospective purchaser is successful in purchasing the relevant property for 10% of the purchase price plus the administration charge of 0.9% inc VAT/£900 inc VAT minimum and any additional buyers premium payable as per any description in the catalogue or legal pack or in accordance with the General or Special Conditions of Sale relating to the lot.
- In the case of a telephone bid the prospective purchaser should provide a blank cheque in the name of the purchaser which the Auctioneer will complete on behalf of the prospective purchaser if the prospective purchaser is successful in purchasing the relevant property for 10% of the purchase price, plus the administration charge or in accordance with the General or Special Conditions of Sale relating to the lot.
- The bidder shall be deemed to have read the “Important Notice to be read by all bidders”; the particulars of the relevant Lot in the catalogue the general and special conditions of sale. The bidder shall be deemed to have taken all necessary professional and legal advice and to have made enquiries and have knowledge of any announcements to be made from the rostrum of any amendments relating to the relevant Lot. Announcements can and should be checked by bidders on the day before the auction. However, the Auctioneers will advise the bidders of any announcements as soon as possible prior to the Auction.
- In the case of a written bid, Auction House staff will compete in the bidding up to the maximum of the authorisation. If no maximum is inserted, Auction House reserve the right not to bid.
- Auction House reserve the right not to bid on behalf of written bidders, in the event of any error, doubt, omission, uncertainty as to the bid, any failure to validate Proof of Identification, or for any reason whatsoever and give no warranty, or guarantee, that a bid would be made on behalf of the bidder and accept no liability.
- In the event that the written or telephone bid is successful, the Auctioneer will sign the Memorandum of the Contract on behalf of the bidder (a Contract would have been formed on the fall of the hammer).
- In the event of a Contract, the deposit monies will be applied so far as necessary to meet the requirement for a 10% deposit (minimum £5,000) and the balance of the deposit (if any) will be held by the vendors solicitor pending completion. An Administration charge of 0.9% inc VAT/£900 inc VAT minimum and any additional buyers premium payable as per any description in the catalogue or legal pack should be added to the deposit cheque or a separate cheque should be made payable to Auction House North West Ltd.
- In the event that the bidder is unsuccessful in gaining the Contract, the deposit monies shall be returned to the bidder promptly.
- The Auctioneer will make no charge to a prospective purchaser for this service and will accept no liability whatsoever for any bid not being made on behalf of the prospective purchaser whether through lack of clarity of instructions or for any other reason whatsoever. Prospective telephone purchasers will not hold Auction House liable for any loss or claims relating to the telephone bidding system.The prospective purchaser will be advised if the relevant lot has been successfully purchased on his behalf as soon as possible after the auction. Where the lot has not been purchased the prospective purchaser will be notified by post and the deposit returned as soon as reasonably possible.
- Once delivered to the Auctioneers, the authority to bid is binding on the bidder on the day on which the particular Lot is auctioned. This is to allow for the possibility of a Vendor agreeing to sell post auction where the bidding has not reached the reserve.
- The authority can only be withdrawn by notification in writing delivered to Auction House at their office two hours before the start of the auction on the day the relevant Lot is scheduled to be auctioned, or by delivery into the hands of the Auctioneer in the auction room half an hour before the start of that day’s auction. It is the bidders responsibility to obtain a receipt on a copy of the withdrawal notification signed by one of the Auctioneers and without such a receipt the authority stands, any successful Contract is binding on the bidder.
- If the bidder, or an agent, actually bids at the auction without having previously withdrawn the authority, the Auctioneer is at liberty to accept such bid in addition to any bid from Auction House staff as empowered under the written authority. Auction House will have no liability whatsoever if the price achieved is the result only of this competition in bidding without intervention from other bidders.
- Prospective purchasers are advised in respect of telephone bids should they become disconnected during bidding or are unobtainable, Auction House will not be held responsible or liable for any loss suffered in respect thereof. I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the above terms and conditions to bid by letter.